Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    3 year old son has just been diagnosed with DMD

Hello out there,

We recently found out that our son has DMD. We are planning on joining one or two of the support groups, but I thought I’d sign up for TalkMD too.

If anyone has any helpful hints and tips on getting through the first few months, I’d be very grateful. At the moment we are doing well at staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

However, he is due to start school in September and I have a meeting with the head teacher to explain things this Wednesday. I’ve printed off a load of info for him, but is there perhaps anything else I should bear in mind?

Many thanks

dizzydawn
    Participant
    Re: 3 year old son has just been diagnosed with DMD

Welcome to the forum.

I think the only thing I can suggest is to take time to digest the info you find. Give yourself time to adjust. Yes information is the key, there are some threads of interest about schools on the forum. If you can find a local group where you can face to face chat wth othe Mum’s that is a great way to share info and contacts as well as feel supported by those in the know.

Good luck with the Hea visit.

I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

AM
    Participant

Hello DizzyDawn!

My name is David Moore-Crouch and I work for the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign. Firstly I’d like to welcome you to TalkMD! One of my roles at MDC is to coordinate our work with schools and parents to help support children with MD. This work includes the Parents Education Network which is a thread on TalkMD. If you click on the tab ‘Parents talking about education and schools’ who can read about other parents issues with schools and post your own queries!

I hope you find this useful! I look forward to seeing on PEN!

AdvocacyDave
    Participant

Thank you AMGmod & Badger for your replies, we will definitely do as you have suggested.

Regards Dawn

dizzydawn
    Participant

I suggest, you to adjust and do a regular praying session for your son. That’s the best thing to do to cure the illness. ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just a quick note to say that our members and people who read these posts will have different beliefs and views. That’s the beauty of this place and it is important that we remain sensitive to others’ situations whilst offering our thoughts.

T’is all for now. Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine 8-)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, “You know that thing you just did? Don’t do that.” - Douglas Adams

sar78 sar78

I pray to the Great Green Arkleseizure.

The creator of the universe, according to the people of Viltvodle VI. Their legend has it that the universe was sneezed out of the nose of the Great Green Arkleseizure, and they thus “live in perpetual fear of the time they call ‘The Coming of the Great White Handkerchief.'”

Seriously though, i have a very religious mother but even she wouldn’t tell me to pray for a cure. To most rational people, that is a gross insult.

ranald
    Participant

i most defo agree with you ranald. the only praying ive done lately was to the big throne in the bathroom last sat night. having forgot im not 18 anymore and getting caught up in a bacardi and coke drinking comp. all i can remember is it tasted a damn sight better going down than coming back up. :lol:

stefan

littlestef
    Participant

Can’t be having that littlestef, not at today’s prices. What goes down, stays down! ;)

ranald
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Keep in touch