Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    100% Confirmed!

Well ladies and gents,
    the dreaded day came, yesterday, where I have been 100% genetically confimed with FSHD! :cry:
    I did not think I would feel the way I felt. Although I was 95% certain that I had FSHD somewhere deep down I was hoping that this was not happening to me and that all of this was just some big mistake, pretty daft of me I know. :roll:

When the Doctor said “It is confirmed” I think I kind of went, i dunno, went blank and sort of slumped in the chair. I should of had someone with me because I have only a slight recollection of what was said after. I thought I was prepared for being told this but I just wasn’t. I was thinking that now I know for certain what I have it would of felt, hmmmm, better, but no, I now feel, well, worse. I sure it will pass, the thing is I was just not expecting to feel this way.

Feels better to write it down thanks for reading. :)

WW

wingedwarrior
    Participant
    Re: 100% Confirmed!

Wow.

A big moment for you. It will be a shock at first and naturally you
    will feel down at first.

There have to be many positive aspects of knowing and I am
    sure they will come to the fore. Well done for sharing, we
    are all with you.

"Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

taungfox
    Participant

I also find writing it down helps me to get me head round things. I was too young to realise the implications of my diagnosis but I’d imagine you are feeling a whole load of emotions now it has been confirmed.

Best wishes and write away whenever you feel the need,

Sarah

A learning experience is one of those things that say, “You know that thing you just did? Don’t do that.” - Douglas Adams

sar78 sar78

It is perfectly natural that we hang on to that 5% of hope that everything will turn out right, even when we are positive that the 95% is the reality. It will feel like a body blow because all doubt has been removed.

Best thing I can say is to give yourself time to adjust to the news, carry on as normal. There is loads of information about FHSD on the wondrous web, a great support group and loads of people ready to help, when you are ready to ask.

Don’t ever feel you are on your own.

I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

AM
    Participant
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Keep in touch