Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    WCA Report on new Design for 2011

http://www.ssac.org.uk/pdf/esa-amendment-regulations-2011.pdf

This report suggests that the new revised descriptors will come into force in Mach 2011 in time for the commencement of the mass IB to ESA migration.

It will impact heavily on many who were exempt under PCA particularly the physically disabled and wheelchair users.

mistynow
    Participant
    Re: WCA Report on new Design for 2011

I’ve been off work for 5 months and if I don’t return by the 5th December, which is a Sunday and I work Monday to Friday, then I go onto half pay and I will have to apply for Incapacity Benefit. I’ve only ever had one experience of IC and that was enough.

Fortunately I have a very proactive boss, he’s arranged for me to go in for one full day on Friday 3rd December so as to be recorded as back to work before the deadline. On the following Monday I will go in and we’ll discuss my return to work proper; I know that I’m lucky to have this opportunity to both get back into my job whilst still recovering from surgery and to avoid IC altogether – other people won’t be so lucky.

TygerTyger
    Participant

Hello TygerTyger.
    I am glad you have such an understanding employer, mine dropped me straight away but thats the private sector for you!

I just wanted to pick you up regarding you claiming IB, that is no longer a possibility, you would now have to claim ESA which is its replacement.

There is a 13 week assessment phase payed at £65.45 Basic Allowance. After you have attended your Work Capability Assessment you will be placed in either the Work Related Activity Group £25.95 in addition to the Basic Allowance above, or the Support Group £31.40 in addition to the Basic Allowance.

Thre is also a Disability Premium, Enhanced Disability Premium and Severe Disability Premium which should be automatically added to your ESA if you qualify and are in receipt of ESA Income Based as opposed to the Contribution Based.

It is as confusing as the old system and we await the all singing, all dancing Universal Credit with interest! ;)

ranald
    Participant

I’ve just received the paperwork from my pay office about the ESA, which I knew about but for some reason I seem set in my ways and still refer to it as IC! Must be becoming a gumpy old man!

Of course the recent bad weather might scupper my plans as my workplace is 20 miles away and in the countryside!!!!

TygerTyger
    Participant
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Keep in touch