Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    Benefit rates 2013

Below is a link to the Schedule of proposed benefit rates from April 2013

Schedule of proposed benefit rates from April 2013

Vicki
    Participant
    Re: Benefit rates 2013

Thanks for that. Yet again all the earnings thesholds have increased except for the Carer’s Allowance people.

I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

AM
    Participant

Am I right in thinking, that most benefits will rise at a rate of 1.00% but, alongside the rate of inflation, that means we will actually be worse off ? I can’t remember how much worse off but, Ian Hislop on HIGNFY was particularly unimpressed with it & did mention the actual figue, only I can’t remember. Cracks me up that programme. Ian Hislop scolds & derides every politician & party, particularly if they’re on the show & Paul Merton’s quick wit is very entertaining to me.

I, Disabled Bloke
    Participant

@woogy wrote:

Am I right in thinking, that most benefits will rise at a rate of 1.00% but, alongside the rate of inflation, that means we will actually be worse off ? I can’t remember how much worse off but, Ian Hislop on HIGNFY was particularly unimpressed with it & did mention the actual figue, only I can’t remember. Cracks me up that programme. Ian Hislop scolds & derides every politician & party, particularly if they’re on the show & Paul Merton’s quick wit is very entertaining to me.

Yes, you are correct.

Many moons ago it was decided that as benefits were not increasing along with stancard living cost rises that the annual increase would be the September inflation rate. This was when inflation was the Chancellor’s friend and was frequently below the wages increase percentage most workers were receiving. Now because the only growth industry we have is unemployment/unfit to work and inflation is behaving like a precocious teen the Chancellor has decided that our expenses are not going to rise by inflation and we can manage on a 1% ncrease.

I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

AM
    Participant

George Osborune did say in his autumn speech last week that benefits would rise by 1%, but………the disabled & pensioners would be protected from this

Benefits squeeze to save £3.7bn in 2015-16, Osborne says

Highlighted this bit in the article

Some other payments, such as disability benefits, will not be affected as they are governed by other rules.

Vicki
    Participant

Thanks Vicki for helping us out with this vital document, as she does every year.

"Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

taungfox
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Keep in touch