Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    100 Free Books……

Kindle’s latest list of 100 free books.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-Kindle-Store-eBooks/zgbs/digital-text/341689031/ref=zg_bs_fvp_p_f_341689031?_encoding=UTF8&tf=1&tag=ho01f-21

"Even if you are not paranoid, it does not mean they are not out to get you!".

taungfox
    Participant
    Re: 100 Free Books……

i love Kindle’s free books – as well as the top 100 as listed in the link, you can choose a category and look for the free one there too.

i’ve read 50 books this year and at least 40 of them were free :p

I'm always the animal, my body's the cage

I blog about nothingness www.amgroves.com

AM
    Participant

@amgmod wrote:

You are not getting enough credit for this. Well done!

Have problems getting down to this task. Six inch screen is too small, the ten inch (9.7) too heavy, laptop
    too cumbersome, android…meh…

What is the easy answer?

taungfox
    Participant

I have increased the font size on my kindle, made so easy and co table to read.

Downloaded a Jeeves and Wooster to start next.

AM
    Participant

@amgmod wrote:

I have increased the font size on my kindle, made so easy and co table to read.

Downloaded a Jeeves and Wooster to start next.

Of course………this solves the problem completely !

Tinker around with the text size, colours and whatnot and whatever screen you are
    using is irrelevant. I feel a complete and utter fool now!

….and to make me feel better you are now reading one from my favourite author.

I hope it is the one which contains the quote……”Do you know Jeeves, that if brains
    were made of silk, Gussie Finknottle would not have enough material to make a pair
    of Cami Knickers for a canary”.

taungfox
    Participant

:lol: I adored the series with Fry & Laurie – they will forever be the quintessential J&W although I am shame to say I have never actually read any of them; and Lemmy from Motorhead always reads Wodehouse when on the road. If I manage this well, I will rectify that situ toot-suite.

I had a :bang: Doh! moment with my new computer … I think my CPU has reached its limit my brain can no longer think as big as technology … I am sure it is an age thing.

AM
    Participant

@amgmod wrote:

:lol: I adored the series with Fry & Laurie – they will forever be the quintessential J&W although I am shame to say I have never actually read any of them; and Lemmy from Motorhead always reads Wodehouse when on the road. If I manage this well, I will rectify that situ toot-suite.I had a :bang: Doh! moment with my new computer … I think my CPU has reached its limit my brain can no longer think as big as technology … I am sure it is an age thing.

Confused at this, as most moves to a new computer are to ease the problems like CPU and memory overload. Your
    general point is valid that they are getting more compulicated and we are not really following what they do
    just pressing the buttons and hoping for the best.

Fry and Laurie are the vivid portrayal that I remember too. Just charming! Loved the episode where
    one of Bertie harebrained schemes went wrong and Aunt Agatha insisted on calling him “Attila Dear” thereafter.
    Controversy still rages whether Wodehouse was painting a loving portrait of a bygone era that was a golden age
    or if it was a searing social commentary on a system where a privileged elite with their halfwit relatives
    lived in a cocoon where they never even considered the rights and abilities of the rest of society.

taungfox
    Participant

@amgmod wrote:

Which makes it an even more amazing feat!

Muscular Dystrophy UK staff member

Alexa Follen
    Keymaster
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Keep in touch